Sara's "Lifestyle Change" progression...





Friday, April 26, 2013

04/26/2013 @ 9:09am (PDT)

In an effort to continue LONG TERM with this lifestyle change, I am going to be trying some different kinds of things that I might not try otherwise.
 
More than losing weight, I want to be HEALTHY.  So I’m going to try some more veggies and other things that I’ve been afraid to try in the past.
 
Now, that said, one of the things I will NOT be trying is beans – Kidney beans, baked beans, lima beans, even chickpeas.  I want NO part of them.  I don’t care if I’ve never had it the way your grandma makes it or that I don’t like them because I’ve never had them done properly – I’ve heard it all and I dislike them.
 
Regardless of my dislike for them, I DID try edamame this past week.  Jeff made some up with some broccoli for me and made kind of a stir-fry for me.  They weren’t HORRIBLE, but they probably aren’t something that we’ll be eating a ton of.
 
In addition to this, I also hope to try lentils.  I KNOW that I probably won’t like them, but I’m going to give it a shot because I’ve never tried it.
 
Here are some of the other things I hope to try soon:
 
Sweet potatoes
Kale
Squash
Avocado
Lentils
Buckwheat pasta
Quinoa
 
Alright, alright, so we’ve had quinoa before and weren’t big fans of it.
 
The main reason I want to give quinoa another shot is because we eat rice at least three to four times a week with our chicken and veggies.  I realize that white rice is not the healthiest but I also don’t care for brown rice.  I’d like to get down to eating white rice only one day a week (if at all).  So we’re currently looking for more quinoa recipes that we’ll like.  I’ll make sure to let you all know how that goes.  :)
 
Other than that, I’ve decided to give up fast food completely again. 
 
I will be going to McDonalds for my iced coffee but only because Starbucks is MUCH too expensive and McDonalds McCafe’s are pretty comparable in quality.
 
Other than that, Subway is going to the only “fast food” we’re going to eat. 
 
We’re going to try to stick to this even on cheat days. (Don’t tell Jeff, I haven’t told him our plan yet).  :)
 
We will probably still be going out to eat on cheat days but if we do go out, we’re going to go out to a sit down restaurant – There’s still a burger joint north of us that we want to try and I HAVE to have my piroshky eventually from Piroshky Piroshky near Pike Place Market.
 
I think as long as I stick with this, don’t let a bad “day” turn into a bad “week”, and start exercising next week, I think I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment