Sara's "Lifestyle Change" progression...





Tuesday, April 30, 2013

04/30/2013 @ 01:34pm (PDT)

Well…I did it. I started Power 90 yesterday.
 
Much as I expected, I did NOT do well.
 
I started with Sweat 1-2 (mainly because I plan on only doing it five days a week and prefer three of cardio and only two of lifting) and it was ROUGH.
 
I had a hard time keeping up, I had a hard time keeping my breathing under control, and just struggled through it.
 
I’ll admit it – I kind of half assed it during the kicks and punches (and probably half of the cardio).
 
I’m really glad I started it back up again and everything and glad I did it yesterday but the side is hard: I remember when I could do the entire program. It just goes to show how far I have fallen and how much more I have to make up.
 
Today will be rough too – I used to be able to do all the lifts with 5-lb weights. Today I imagine I will struggle to do them all.
 
It’s okay – I’m not letting it get me down. Honest. I just have to work at that and work at keeping motivated: I’m not making excuses for last night, but I got home late, had a rough day at work, and was just tired. On top of it all, I REALLY hate exercising. :)
 
I’m not sure if I ever posted it or not, but Jeff and I have switched our bedtimes: We now go to bed about 8pm. Now, we do watch TV on the iPad for about an hour or so, but we are typically in bed by 8pm and sleeping by 9pm.
 
With his work schedule and my job being a bit overwhelming at times, it helps to just have that extra hour of sleep/rest.
 
As for the diet and exercise, I changed a couple of things around about that too:
 
--One cheat MEAL or TWO (not three) on ONE day every two weeks but ONLY if I keep with the diet AND exercise. No more going nuts on the weekends.
--No more trying to do Power Yoga until the next round of Power 90.
--Working out five days per week instead of six (three days of cardio, two days of lifting). I tend to injure myself more with cardio but I want to lose weight and feel this is the best way to do it.
--No more trying to do Ab Ripper until the next round of Power 90 – I was going to try to do this yesterday but the workout kicked my butt. I MAY change this later and try a month from now, but no promises. I think I have enough to handle with the Power 90 program.
--Skipping lunges in Sculpt because they are too hard on my knees.
--Skipping the dips in Sculpt because they are an accident waiting to happen.
--Skipping the lawnmower in Sculpt because that's how I hurt my hips the last time.
--No more trying to do Sculpt 3-4 and Sweat 3-4 until the next round of Power 90. I figure the next time around I’ll follow the ACTUAL schedule and do six days a week, do the ab ripper, Power Yoga, and move up to 3-4 level after a while. Not this round. :)
 
I think that’s about it for me for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment