Sara's "Lifestyle Change" progression...





Wednesday, June 19, 2013

06/19/2013 @ 07:03pm (PDT)

Well…It’s been almost three weeks since my last update but THANKFULLY I have some GOOD NEWS this time!!! 
 
This was a post I made on FB on June 19 at 7:03pm:
 
So...It's taking a bit of bravery to share this because I'm ashamed of where I started, but you're all my friends and super supportive and I'm proud of how far I've come, so I'll share:
 
When I first started working out on the treadmill in April (the first time), I struggled to walk just 20 minutes at 1.5mph. It took me almost 45 minutes (if not more) to walk a mile and I RARELY walked that long - I usually did a half a mile. I NEVER walked faster than 2.0mph and I was "running" at 3.0mph
 
Now, my third time around trying the treadmill workout, I seem to be sticking with it fairly well: Today, I walked 1.12 miles in my half an hour - That's an average of 2.24mph!!!!
 
This is the farthest distance I have walked in the shortest amount of time since starting. To top it all off, I walked at 2.5mph FOR TWENTY MINUTES.
 
Now...Granted...I about died from an asthma attack afterwards, but WHILE I was doing it, I was fine. :)
 
This is my record, but putting it in perspective, ALL week I've been walking at about an average of JUST under 2mph - That's a 1/2 mile
 
I've still got a long way to go and I'm still "slow", but I'm making progress and that is ALL that matters to me.
 
Thank you all for the continued love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment